Carrabba's serves fresh, flavorful Italian dishes prepared from the finest ingredients sourced from around the world.
From our fresh mussels rope grown in the icy cold waters off the coast of Prince Edward Island, to our La Rambla extra virgin olive oil imported from Catelonia, Spain, to Garafolo pasta imported from a small town outside Pompeii. We make just about everything by hand in each of our restaurants every day from our delicious soups and flavorful sauces to our salad dressings and desserts. Even the roasted cinnamon rum pecans that top our John Cole dessert are made from scratch. We are proud of the time and effort that goes into preparing each of our dishes at Carrabba's and look forward to serving you.
Carrabba's Food Facts
- Our mussels are rope-grown in Prince Edward Island, Canada. The rope-growing method prevents the mussels from ever touching the ground, producing a clean and meatier mussel.
- Our mozzarella sticks are made by hand daily in each of our restaurants using only fresh sliced whole milk mozzarella and Mama Mandola's homemade bread crumbs.
- In the early days, Johnny Carrabba Sr. made the fennel sausage by hand. The sausage is Mr. C’s proprietary recipe and he still mixes the spice blend for the sausage to be sent to the meat company. Johnny Sr. is the only person who knows the recipe for our sausage.
- Our calamari specifications are very strict. We are constantly sourcing the globe for the best we can buy. We only purchase squid that is 3-5 inches in size because as squid grow larger the meat becomes tougher.
- Our traditional Italian minestrone takes a full day of preparation! There are 24 different fresh ingredients. This soup is served the day after it is made so the flavors have had time to meld.
- Our scallops are harvested and shipped to our restaurants free of any preservatives.
- Our poultry is all natural and free of any preservatives
- Carrabba's uses lots of fresh herbs, which are delivered to our restaurants 6 days a week. We buy 225,000 pounds of fresh basil a year. That averages out to 80 pounds of basil every month for each location.
- Our lasagne is made by hand daily in each of our restaurants using only fresh pasta sheets, our homemade meat sauce, freshly grated cheeses and fresh herbs.
- The BelGioioso family produces our Italian-style Parmesan and Romano cheese, which are made to our specifications. The cheese is delivered to Carrabba's in wheels and is freshly grated at each of our restaurants every day. We use an average of 200 lbs. of fresh Parmesan and 500 lbs. of fresh Romano a month in each of our restaurants.